Monday, April 11, 2011

Lagos, what you always want to see, but never do!


This past weekend my program took us on our last excursion to Lagos, Portugal.  As some of you may have seen from my facebook album name, I have found my honeymoon destination!  Lagos was absolutely gorgeous.  It looked like places you see in pictures, but never actually see in person.  When we first got to Lagos CEA took us to some natural park (I think?) where we got an amazing view of the coastline.  Words do not describe what I saw in Lagos, so I will post a few extra pictures.  The rest of our time we spent at the beach.  The first beach we went to we basically had to ourselves.  It was pretty chilly with a constant breeze, but the sun was shining so it wasn’t terrible.  The second day CEA took us to another beach called Dona Ana.  The beach we went to on Friday was nice, but it was nothing like what we saw when we first got to Lagos. 
Dona Ana on the other hand was exactly what we saw.  It was absolutely picturesque.  Some of you who know me very well (or have just been to the beach with me) know I’m very timid about getting into the ocean because usually it’s freezing.  I’m not sure what convinced me, but I got into the ocean both days even though the water was ridiculously cold!  At Dona Ana we swam/walked out to a rock that was sticking up out of the water.  The swim/walk was rather painful with the rocks under us, but we eventually made it out to the rock and got some pictures.  The whole day we spent laying out on the beach.  It was great finally getting to relax and enjoy nice weather.  A lot of the people in my program extended their stay with a program called Discover Sevilla, but Julie Kelsey and I decided we didn’t want to pay what they were charging and went home Saturday night with our program. 
  The next day we went to a beach about an hour away from Sevilla in Huelva called Matalascana.  I’m not sure what all I have said in my blog thus far (I have a horrible memory!) but, the day I got back from Paris I met Kelsey at a park in our neighborhood area to hang out and we ended up meeting a group of Spanish guys.  One of them got our numbers to hang out later.  It took him two weeks, but he eventually text me and we’ve hung out since.  We asked him to get some friends together to go to the beach with us on Sunday so we met him and his friend Antonio at Matalascana.  (He had asked more, but the other backed out unfortunately, but their loss!)  Again, we spent the entire day out on the beach.  By now I’m sure you’re wanting to ask if I got any sun… possibly a little burn and unfortunately the answer is yes even though I was a nazi about sunscreen!  Julie and Kelsey were both calling me a mom about the sunscreen, but I took that name with pride personally.  I felt like I was constantly smothering myself in sunscreen yet I still managed to get a little burnt.  The sun here is brutal; I’m not sure how people survive here on an annual basis!  This past weekend was very relaxing which was definitely needed, especially with my first Spring Break coming up here in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment